No products in the cart.
In 2016, we moved the needle in the right direction in the women’s movement for gender equality. As we start 2017, NAWRB continues our mission by showcasing the power, value and importance of women and women-owned businesses in the housing ecosystem.
- Did you know that NAWRB was represented in Washington, D.C. 5 times over the last year?
- Desirée Patno attended 50 industry events, was a speaker/panelist at 5 conferences and took over 12 flights on her trips
- NAWRB held two 2016 conferences, the first a Legislative Symposium in Washington, D.C. and the second our Women’s Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Conference in Costa Mesa, CA
- Responded to four government Requests for Comments (RFC) and one Request for Information (RFI), advocating on behalf of diversity and inclusion, women and women-owned and small businesses
Desirée Patno Awards & Accolades
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 2016 Women in Business Champion of the Year
- The 2016 HousingWire Women of Influence Award, one of only 43 women selected in the entire housing ecosystem
- Had the honor of attending the historic White House United State of Women Summit in Washington, D.C. hosted by first lady Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey
NAWRB Awards and Accolades
- NAWRB Magazine received the APEX Award for Publication Excellence for the second consecutive year
- NAWRB contributed greatly to the Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Program which awarded a record-breaking 5.05 percent or $17.8 billion of federal small business contracts to women-owned small businesses (March 2016)
- The SBA lists NAWRB as one of the few select organizations on their website under Women’s Entrepreneurship Partner Groups
The year 2016 was filled with a lot of ups for NAWRB, and we anticipate 2017 being even better. We thank our community, supporters and partners for your help along the way, and wish you all lasting success.
Please watch the video below to learn more about our growth and accomplishments in 2016!