Celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the U.S., Giving Tuesday is a global movement celebrating the power of philanthropy and giving. Since its creation in 2012, the day has leveraged collaboration on a global scale and social media to spread awareness and inspirational stories of people helping one another.
The day was established by the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact, a New York City cultural center that has united people under the values of service and giving back since 1874. According to Giving USA, Americans donated $390 billion to charity in 2016, marking a 2.7 percent rise from a year prior.
In observance of Giving Tuesday this year, over 1.6 million gifts have been given and $177 million has been raised online in more than 98 countries.
How to Participate
- Share a story of giving on social media using the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Enter the #MyGivingStory Contest for your chance to win $10,000 for the nonprofit of your choice
- Give a donation or a gift within your community
- Volunteer your time to a nonprofit organization in your neighborhood
- Search what’s happening in your area and participate!
NAWRB has a Membership Special for Giving Tuesday 2017! From now until the end of the year, we are offering a NAWRB Elite Membership and Certified Delegate Spokeswoman Training Package for just $675. To take advantage of this special, please click here.
As we enjoy the unbridled enthusiasm of buying gifts for our loved ones this holiday season, let’s remember to help others and give back if we can. Embody the spirit of giving today!