No products in the cart.
This Wednesday, October 31st, is Halloween, a fun and festive occasion filled with costumes, parties, trick-or-treating, spooky decorations, pumpkin carving and memories to last forever. This holiday has a 2,000 year-old history with origins to the Celtic festival of Samhain, an ancient tradition involving images of witches, ghosts and vampires. As we prepare for this week’s festivities, here are some facts about this popular holiday from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- In 2017, there were an estimated 41.1 million trick-or-treaters of children between the ages 5 to 14.
- There were 120 million potential stops for trick-or-treaters to occupied housing units.
- The number of people employed by U.S. manufacturing establishments producing chocolate and cocoa products was 40,411 in 2016
- 3,430 U.S. confectionery and nut stores sold candy and other confectionery products in 2016
- There were 991 formal wear and costume rental establishments in 2016
- U.S. cities with a reputation for being “Scary Places” include Tombstone, AZ; Sleepy Hallow, NY; Kill Devil Hills, NC; Yellville, AK; Transylvania County, NC; and more.
Top Halloween Children’s Costumes
Most Popular Halloween Candies
- Reese’s Cups
The NAWRB Team wishes you a safe and Happy Halloween filled with great costumes, candy and company!