No products in the cart.
NAWRB wishes you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day this Thursday, November 28th. Arguably the most tastiest holiday, Thanksgiving is a national holiday that began as a celebration of the year’s harvest and was first celebrated by Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621. Today, Thanksgiving is a day spent with loved ones as we enjoy delicious food together and give gratitude for the many blessings in our lives.
Thanksgiving Food Facts from The Harris Poll
- 87 percent of Americans will attend Thanksgiving dinner this year.
- The top Thanksgiving foods that Americans secretly dislike are canned cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes/sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie and turkey.
- 30 percent of Americans who have hosted served something other than turkey as the main dish.
- 59 percent of Americans agree that Thanksgiving is an excuse for a cheat day of their diet
- About 94 percent eat pie on Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is the favorite, at 31 percent, followed by apple pie and pecan pie, both at 18 percent.
- 10 percent of Americans serve their pet turkey-flavored pet food on the holiday.
- Of the 65 percent of Americans age 21 and over who drink alcohol on Thanksgiving, 75 percent choose to drink wine.
Thanksgiving is a joyous time where friends and family come together to create new memories while reminiscing about the year so far. Whether you spend the holiday cooking with family, watching a football game, filling your plates with good food, or simply enjoying each other’s company, we hope you have a memorable holiday. Don’t forget to thank the people in your life who make it special and remember the things you are fortunate to have.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!