The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and Treasury Department released detailed loan-level data regarding the loans made under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The disclosed data covers each of the 4.9 million PPP loans that have been made thus far, and includes business names, addresses, NAICS codes, zip codes, business type, demographic data, non-profit information, name of lender, jobs supported, and loan amount ranges above or below $150K.
a Human Touch
The Perfect Balance
The House has unanimously passed a bill that will extend the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) until August 8th, which was originally set to end on June 30th. The bill now awaits President Trump’s signature to officially extend the federal government program that provides forgivable loans to small businesses economically impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
On June 19th, 2020, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the U.S. Department of the Treasury made a joint announcement that they will make additional data public regarding the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), in agreement with leaders of the U.S. Senate Small Business Committee. In doing so, they will make a concerted effort to facilitate the interests of both transparency of data and protection for small businesses who receive PPP loans.
President Trump has recently signed into law, H.R. 701, the “Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act (PPPFA),” which makes the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) more flexible for PPP loans originated on or after June 5, 2020. The SBA will now forgive loans received through this program if businesses disburse their PPP funds within 24 weeks, and if 60 percent of the funds is used for payroll. The other 40 percent can be used for rent, mortgage interest, utilities and other related costs.
U.S. Congress reached a deal on a roughly $480 billion coronavirus relief funding package to continue helping small business and hospitals, and expand COVID-19 testing. This new funding package comes after the initial funds set aside for the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) were exhausted in just two weeks — due to over 1.66 million loans for more than $342 billion. The Senate has approved the deal, and now it goes to the House.
Tune in on Wednesday, April 8, 2020, at 8 AM PST for Know the Rules of the GameⓇ Podcast for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans and PPP with your host Desiree Patno, CEO & President of NAWRB, and special guest Kristy Bain, Lender Relations Specialists at the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Desiree and Kristy will discuss important information about the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) Loans, which offers a $10K Loan Advance for small businesses, and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which helps keep small business workers employed by facilitating access to capital to small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Jovita Carranza announced that the SBA will be granting automatic disaster loan deferments through December 31, 2020, to help borrowers who are still paying back SBA loans from previous disasters. Because the change is automatic, borrowers of home and business disaster loans do not have to contact the agency to request deferment. NAWRB is honored to be one of only 11 organizations listed as a Women’s Entrepreneurship Partner for the SBA, and we are happy to be a resource and lend an ear to the over 30 million U.S. small businesses who make up the backbone of our economy.
A diversity certification is a denotation awarded to businesses that are at least 51 percent owned by a disadvantaged groups of the population, such women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. A women-owned business, for instance, must be 51 percent owned, managed and operated by women. In addition to government contracting, diversity classification can open your business to newfound streams of funding, from banks to venture capital dollars.
National Small Business Week is taking place May 5th-11th, 2019! Observed beginning in 1963 by the Small Business Administration (SBA), this is a week dedicated to recognizing the important contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, Linda McMahon, announced the winners of the 2019 Small Business Persons of the Year awards, recognizing innovative entrepreneurs contributing to their local economy and community from all fifty states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam.