The adorned trees in front windows, decorative neighborhood lights and bustling shopping malls all communicate the same message, the holidays are coming! The recently decreased traffic on the way to work suggests that many have already begun their holiday vacations and are travelling around the country to be with their loved ones during this wonderful time of year.
As 2016 draws to a close we must remember to be thankful for the good things in our life and for another year. Here at NAWRB we are especially thankful for our community and partners in the women’s diversity and inclusion movement. With your help we will continue working on behalf of women and women-owned and small businesses in the housing ecosystem.
Fun Holiday Facts
- The average American spends $786 on holiday shopping
- Approximately 3 billion holiday cards are sent every year in the U.S. alone
- Christmas was declared an official holiday in the U.S. on June 26, 1870
- Black Friday is not the most popular shopping day of the year, the Saturday before Christmas is
- About 42% of American consumers utilize Amazon as their main source of gift buying
- Christmas tress usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold
The NAWRB team wishes you and your loved ones happy holidays filled with good cheer and delicious food! Thank you for your continued support and the work that you do.
Here’s to a great end to 2016 and making 2017 our best year yet!