No products in the cart.
Amid the excitement of the holidays and special days for consumers like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we can’t forget Small Business Saturday! Taking place the Saturday after Thanksgiving, it is a day to patronize and celebrate our small businesses and all that they mean and contribute to communities across the country. Join NAWRB in shopping at a small business this weekend.
Given their limited resources, and importance to the American economy, it’s paramount to shop small and participate in small business initiatives and observances. Launched by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday grew quickly, garnering official participation from all 50 states by 2012.
On Small Business Saturday 2016, small business owners received 112 million customers and generated an estimated $15.4 billion. After successful American campaigns, Small Business Saturday UK, observed on December 5, was launched in 2013.
How to Celebrate
- Shop at a small business this Saturday, November 25
- Spread the word or share a small business story on social media using #SmallBizSat and #ShopSmall
- Download Small Business Saturday marketing materials and advertise them through your business
Small Business Statistics
- There are 28.8 million small businesses in the U.S.; 20% have paid employees and 80% have no employees
- Small businesses accounted for 63.3% of net new jobs from the third quarter of 1992 until the third quarter of 2013
- There are 9.9 million women-owned businesses in the U.S.; 10.5% have paid employees and 89.5% have no employees
- 99% of women-owned businesses are small businesses