It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We hope that 2019 has been a year of new friendships, accomplishments, learning, growth and self-discovery. At NAWRB, we are incredibly grateful for our members, partners and collaborators who have joined us in facilitating the vision with natural disaster recovery, elder financial abuse, small business sustainability, technology human balance Ⓡ, gender equality, access to capital and opportunity zones.
With your help, we are ready to take on the opportunities and challenges the new year brings.
- $19.4 billion was the estimated retail sales for the nation’s department stores in December 2018.
- A little over 18 percent of jewelry store sales occurred in December of last year.
- In 2018, China led the way with U.S. imports of ornaments and Christmas tree lights with a value of $1.9 billion and $499 million, respectively.
- Four out of 10 U.S. imports of candles in 2018 came from Vietnam.
- In 2017, there were approximately 3,000 baked goods stores, 3,000 candy and nut stores, 4,000 department stores, 9,000 toy stores and 22,000 jewelry stores.
- U.S. cities with festive names include Mount Holly, North Carolina; Holly Springs, Mississippi’ Snowflake, Arizona; Santa Claus, Indiana; and North Pole, Alaska.
The NAWRB Team wishes you and your loved ones happy holidays! Thank you for your continued support and the work that you do. As we look back at our growth and achievements in 2019, let’s look forward to greater social impact in 2020!